ASE reports results of paid holiday survey
September 26, 2023
The ASE 2024 Holiday Schedule & Practices Survey findings were announced by ASE President and CEO, Mary E. Corrado. “The year-over-year data changes showed minimal differences, yet we did observe a significant uptick in the number of companies offering Juneteenth as a paid holiday, which is now a federal holiday.”
Highlights of the ASE 2024 Holiday Schedule & Practices Survey include:
- Most organizations (25%) surveyed reported offering 10 paid holidays each year. 14% reported offering 11 paid holidays each year.
- The most common paid holidays include New Year’s Day (100%), Memorial Day (99%), Independence Day (100%), Labor Day (100%), Thanksgiving Day (100%), and Christmas Day (100%).
- 21% of employers reported Juneteenth as a paid holiday, compared to just 12% last year.
- Regarding holiday pay for employees that are part-time, data has shifted slightly since last year. 22% of employers reported that part-time employees are given the day off with pro-rated pay (up four percentage points from last year) and 41% of employers reported that part-time employees are not given holiday pay (up five percentage points from last year).
- Up two percentage points from last year, 70% of employers plan on having an in-person holiday party at the end of the year.