Celebrate National Small Business Week with SBAM’s free Facebook Timeline cover photos
May 18, 2012
SBAM wants to help you celebrate National Small Business Week, May 20-26! Email us and we’ll send you two Facebook Timeline cover photos you can use on your own Facebook page, plus a “My Business Salutes Entrepreneurs” button for use as your profile picture.
Click here for more information about National Small Business Week.
Did you know:
- There are nearly 180,000 employer small businesses in Michigan.
- Small businesses account for account for 51.6% of private-sector jobs in the state.
- Small firms made up 98.3% of the state’s employers.
- The number of both women and minority business owners has grown. In particular, minority-owned businesses numbered 109,031 in 2007, a 47.9% increase over 2002
- Michigan small business proprietor’s income totaled nearly $25 billion in 2009.
- Small firms accounted for 65% (or 9.8 million) of the 15 million net new jobs created in the U.S. between 1993 and 2009. Much of the job growth is from fast-growing high-impact firms, which represent about 5–6% of all firms and are on average 25 years old.