The Comcast RISE Investment Fund provides monetary grants to help Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC)-owned, small businesses grow as they navigate the challenges of the pandemic.
The Investment Fund is the latest extension of Comcast RISE (Representation, Investment, Strength, and Empowerment), the multi-year, multi-faceted initiative launched in 2020 to provide BIPOC-owned, small businesses the opportunity to apply for marketing and technology services from Comcast Business and Effectv, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable.
Comcast RISE is part of a larger $100 million Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiative that Comcast launched this summer. In June 2020, Comcast NBCUniversal announced the development of a comprehensive, multi-year plan to allocate $75 million in cash and $25 million in media over the next three years to fight injustice and inequality against any race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation or ability.
Comcast will award 500 grants totaling $5 million as follows:
- 100 small businesses will be awarded in each city
- Each business will receive a $10,000 monetary grant
- Application period is March 1-14, 2021
- Grants willl be announced at the end of April 2021 and awarded in May 2021
- Applications will be available online at www.ComcastRISE.com
- Be established business operations for 3 or more years
- Have one to 25 employees
- Be located in the following areas to be eligible: Atlanta, GA (Clayton, Cobb, DeKalb, Fulton, and Gwinnett Counties); Chicago, IL (Cook County including the City of Chicago); Detroit, MI (also including Hamtramck and Highland Park, MI); Houston, TX (Harris and Fort Bend Counties); and Philadelphia, PA (City of Philadelphia and the City of Chester.)
Application Questions: AEO (Association for Enterprise Opportunity) | email@example.com
For additional questions, please call: (844) 963-0234
IF A BUSINESS IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THE COMCAST RISE INVESTMENT FUND, APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN FOR MARKETING AND TECHNOLOGY SERVICES.