The “Final Ten” for the ACE Challenge have been chosen for the 15th Annual Collaboration for Entrepreneurs (ACE ‘15) evening program.
January 15, 2015
ANN ARBOR, MI January 15, 2015 – Ten promising entrepreneurs have been chosen as ACE Challenge finalists from a broad range of applicants and each will give three-minute presentations to showcase their ventures during the evening program on January 29.
With eight hundred attendees expected at ACE’15, the ACE Challenge guarantees the finalists a high visibility opportunity to present their companies to a large and significant audience.
The finalists include:
• Valerie Obenchain, Advanced Interactive Response Systems (Newaygo) www.oxygenalarms.com
• Kevin Kesseler, AsystBio (East Lansing)
• Andrew Zimmerman, Civionics (Ann Arbor) www.civionics.com
• David Porter, Clavis Sinica (Ann Arbor) www.clafisinica.com
• Marshall Khwaja, Exo Dynamics (Ann Arbor) www.exodynamicsmedical.com
• Nevin Brittain, Health Numeric (East Lansing) www.healthnumeric.com
• John Lopes, Microcide, Inc. (Sterling Heights) www.microcide.com
• Alex VanDerKolk, Mountain Labs (Ann Arbor) www.mntnlabs.com
• Barak Leibovitz, Seat Side Service (Ann Arbor) www.seatsideservice.com
• Lauren Shampo, Transcuro, LLC (Fenton) www.transcuro.com
The ACE Challenge winner will receive media recognition, a professionally filmed copy of their presentation on the ACE’15 website for a year, and $5,000 cash. Barak Leibovitz, founder and CEO of Seat Side Service, one of the finalists, captures the spirit of the competition, “The ACE Challenge provides our organization with a unique opportunity to share our entrepreneurial journey and give back to the local ecosystem that’s fostered our growth.”
ACE ’15 will be Michigan’s standout entrepreneurial event in 2015. It’s a not-to-be-missed opportunity for entrepreneurs to learn, network and make important connections. ACE ’15 attendees will represent a Who’s Who of the Michigan entrepreneurial scene and include innovative entrepreneurs, investors, support professionals, and subject matter experts.
Online registration is only $25; tickets at the door are $40. Registration for ACE’15 is open and details on the Thursday, January 29, event can be found at www.ACE-event.org.
About the Annual Collaboration for Entrepreneurship
The Annual Collaboration for Entrepreneurship (ACE) began as an Ann Arbor event in 2000. In 15 years, it has grown from a modest local business-building event into the largest event of its kind in Michigan. Partner organizations and lead sponsors include: MiQuest, MIT Alliance of Michigan, New Enterprise Forum, Ann Arbor SPARK, Atomic Object, Automation Alley, Brinks Gilson & Lione, Comcast Business, Howard & Howard, Michigan Economic Development Corporation, Rehmann, and the Zell Lurie Institute for Entrepreneurial Studies. For more event information visit www.ACE-event.org.