Who cares about the slow economy! Innovative Michigan companies launch new products and services
May 4, 2010
From emission reducing carburetors to custom wine cellars to energy-efficient pet doors, dozens of Michigan small businesses displayed their innovative energy by launching new products and services and entering them in the 2010 Innovation Awards contest.
The contest is sponsored by SBAM and the Michigan Small Business Technology Development Centers. To be eligible, a product or service must have been developed and earned revenue during the past three years.
The winner, recognized April 29 in Lansing at the Michigan Celebrates Small Business event, was ElectroJet of Brighton’s Electronic Fuel Injection systems for non-automotive applications including motorcycles and scooters.
The other two finalists in the contest were:
Other companies that launched new products or services and entered the Innovation Awards contest were:
- ActiveOffice LLC, East Lansing (Digital Active Online)
- Advanced Marketing Partners Inc., Livonia (Dynamic Print, Web & Promotional Solutions)
- A.J. Boggs & Company, East Lansing (Development Services Information System)
- Baudville Inc., Grand Rapids (cheers Kit and Caboodle)
- Clearzoning, Lathrup Village (searchable municipal zoning ordinances)
- Freedom Pet Pass, Bay City (energy efficient pet door)
- GDI Infotech Inc., Ann Arbor (InfoReady for Grants)
- Hotwater Works Inc., Lansing (WonderSpa and WonderTub)
- KISMET Strategic Sourcing Partners, St. Joseph (New Production Introduction service)
- L’Anse Warden Electric Company LLC, White Pine (biomass electricity generation)
- Lambert Technologies, Canton (Strain Sensitive Skin)
- LumenFlow, Middleville (360 Degree View Imaging Device)
- Magnum Engineering LLC, Grand Rapids (Evolution digital bowling scoring upgrade)
- Michigan Educational Transportation Services, Portland (contract employment programs for bus drivers and transportation staff)
- MiBiz, Muskegon (TBL sustainability publication)
- Morsels Bite-sized Bakery + Gourmet Coffee, Traverse City (bite-sized bakery treats)
- Perry Ballard Inc., St. Joseph (Tourist Information Program)
- Revel Custom Wine Cellars, Grand Rapids (wine cellar system)
- Rock N Go LLC, Williamston (Music Based Math and Art)
- Skywatch Services LLC, Lansing (First2Warn)
- The Night Move, Ferndale (biodiesel-fueled express shuttle service)
- ThermoAnalytics Inc., Calumet (Human Thermal Comfort software)
- Urban Science, Detroit (automotive consulting)
- Virtual Advantage, Royal Oak (SCOUT online software for managing investigations)
Information on entering the 2011 contest will be available this fall at www.michigancelebrates.biz.