Cancer Support from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
November 2, 2023
Cancer is difficult to navigate, emotionally and physically. You never know what you might need and when you might
need it. That’s why BCBSM is introducing Cancer Support, a program that complements your oncologist’s care and treatment
plan. It provides immediate access to reliable information and resources that cancer patients often need between appointments and treatment.
Watch a recent Small Business Briefing interview with BCBSM’s Nicole Sherwood on this new opportunity.
Cancer Support will be accessible through the OncoHealth virtual platform, Iris, which includes:
- 24 x 7 access to a team of oncology nurses who can provide personalized advice on
managing side effects and questions to ask your doctor, and help you navigate all the resources within Iris
- Weekly mental health sessions with a therapist specializing in working with people and families dealing with cancer
- A nutrition series and personalized support focused on nutrition and cancer
- A digital tracker for recording goals and side effects
- A library of more than 200 on-demand articles and videos on cancer, treatments, side effects and procedures
- A peer mentor community to connect with others who have been in similar situations with cancer
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network are nonprofit corporations and independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.