Value For You and Your Customers
May 9, 2014
By Scott Lyon, Senior Vice President
Recently, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network announced changes in their relationships with Associations and Chambers. Much like reductions that have been made in the commission paid to agents and the decrease in the number of managing agents, one aspect of the change to association and chamber programs is a reduction in service fees.
While it is too early to make any predictions as to what this reduction will mean to programs offered by many of our colleagues in the association and chamber world, SBAM will continue to offer all of the value added products and services you and your customers need to compete in a changing health insurance environment.
We know you’re working longer and harder for equal or lesser pay, which is why we are here to help with all of our products including:
- Consolidated billing and enrollment services that make the day-to-day administration of small group health plans less of a hassle (for you and for your customer)
- Free Summary Plan Descriptions that help your customers stay compliant with ERISA
- Section 125, HRA and HSA administration for all your customers that share the cost of premiums with their employees
- An outstanding group life, disability, accident and critical illness program that is enjoying continuous growth in enrollment
- Workers’ Compensation coverage from Michigan’s own Accident Fund
- And, of course, the full menu of products from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network
Our plan is to be aggressive, to continue to offer the products and services that you rely upon, and that your customers need, and to be a strong advocate here in Lansing and in Washington, D.C. for the small business community. Over the coming months, we will increase the products and services we make available to be an even stronger ally. In fact, we are currently working on several new products that will be of great help to you and your customers; so stay tuned.
As the environment that we all work in continues to be transformed, we hope that you continue to see the value in an SBAM membership for your agency and for your customers. As always, should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us at (800) 362-5461.