COVID-19 Workplace Safety Frequently Asked Questions
October 26, 2020
The Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity has updated its Frequently Asked Questions page to help clarify the following questions related to workplace safety rules.
- Executive Rule 11(1) requires employers to maintain a record of the daily screening. What daily screening records must the employer maintain?
- Executive Rule 11(1) requires employers to maintain a record of the daily screening. What is an acceptable “record”?
- Executive Rule 5(8) says: The employer shall create a policy prohibiting in-person work for employees to the extent that their work activities can feasibly be completed remotely. What type of policy is required?
- Executive Rule 7(6) requires face coverings in shared spaces, including during in-person meetings and in restrooms and hallways. When is a space considered a “shared space”?
- Is an office area containing employees in cubicle-styled configurations a “shared space”? Are employees required to wear face coverings while inside their cubicle?
- Who has to wear the non-medical grade face covering required by the Executive Rules and who has to provide them?
© 2022 Small Business Association of Michigan, All rights reserved