How to hire a salesperson who works 24/7/365
April 30, 2013
By Tom Borg ©2013
Imagine if you will, that you had the services of a magnificent sales person who you paid a paltry amount of money, yet he or she would work for you 24/7/365.
While it is not for every small business, having a powerful phone message on-hold can add dramatically to your bottom line. Despite this statement, many small business owners do not have or use such a service. Some of the objections to having a solid message on-hold include:
- We don’t want to be so impersonal.
- We are so small we don’t need it.
- It costs too much money.
- It is a hassle to maintain properly.
Yet, in my research with clients who use a message on-hold system, and the providers who offer this service, the evidence is overwhelming that a good message on-hold system can annually bring in thousands of dollars of additional revenue to your business.
Here are three reasons to consider having a good message on-hold communication system.
- It can enhance your image. When a person calls your company and is put on hold while waiting to talk to a particular person, a good message on-hold, can create a more professional perception.
- It is an excellent opportunity to educate and inform. Tim Brown, Owner of www.EasyOnHold.com says, “while a prospect or client is waiting on-hold your message can educate them about your company’s services, mission statement, areas of expertise and anything else that would be important for them to know.”
- 100% Exclusivity. With most forms of advertising, you are constantly fighting for your audience’s attention, competing against TV, radio, outdoor advertising or social media, to name just a few. With a good message-on hold system, your message and only your message is communicated directly to your listener.
Just recently I completed a project where I coached one of my clients, Tony Grech, owner of Greko Printing and Imaging. Tony wanted to add a personal message to his company’s message on-hold system. By adding his voice and specific points he wanted to mention about his personal guarantee, excellent team and community services, he was able customize his message-on hold to create an emotional impact on the listener. To listen to this excellent message simply call Greko Printing & Imaging’s business number at 734-453-0341.
As I have always said, “If your prospects or clients don’t know about specific services or products that you offer; they don’t exist, at least in their minds.
Prices vary on the amount of services you want. However, a good system starts at about $750-$850 plus an annual maintenance fee. This type of an investment is self-financing. In other words it pays for itself with the additional sales your company will incur because of its’ effectiveness to communicate your products and services.
There are many suppliers of this service. Shop around and find one that fits your needs and wants. To enhance the impact, I would recommend that you make sure you can add a personal message in your own voice to this message on-hold.
When you have your message on-hold, up and running, you will be utilizing the power of a 24/7/365 salesperson that can boost your sales and your profits.
This article first appeared in Corp Detroit Magazine.
Tom Borg is a marketing, sales and customer service expert, professional speaker and popular Small Business Association of MI radio show guest. For more information contact (734) 404-5909 or email@example.com
For more information on his product resources to http://ww.tomborgconsulting.com/store.html.