NSBA Releases Year-End Economic Report
January 30, 2010
SBAM’s national affiliate the National Small Business Association (NSBA) released its 2009 survey of small businesses last week. Not surprisingly, economic uncertainty remains a key concern for small business owners across the country.
Highlights of the report yield some of the following results:
- 64 percent reported a decrease in revenues (the highest since 1993).
- 39 percent indicate that they are unable to get adequate financing for their business.
- While 12 percent increased the number of employees during the year, 44 percent saw a decrease in the number of employees.
- 52 percent expect growth opportunities in the coming year.
- 24 percent expect to hire more employees, while 18 percent expect a decrease in their number of employees.
To access the full report please click here.