Personal Care Services Open Statewide June 15; Regions 6 & 8 Move to Phase 5 on June 10
June 5, 2020
In a press conference today, Governor Whitmer announced more opening news.
Salons and barbershops will be allowed to open statewide on June 15 subject to strict safety protocols.
- Personal care services including hair salons, nails, massages and tattoo parlors are permitted to open statewide on Monday, June 15.
Regions 6 & 8 will move to Phase 5 on June 10 subject to strict safety protocols. Some highlights:
- Personal care services, including salons, exercise facilities and tattoo parlors can open.
- Indoor social gatherings and organized events are allowed up to 50 people.
- Outdoor social gatherings and organized events are allowed up to 250 people.
- Outdoor performance and sporting venues are allowed up to 500 people.
EO 2020-114 Safeguards to protect Michigan’s workers from COVID-19 (Rescission of Executive Order 2020-97)
EO 2020-115 Temporary restrictions on certain events, gatherings, and businesses