Please Take a Few Minutes to Help Stop Proposals That Would Cost Small Biz Big Time!
July 30, 2009
Mark Brewer, chair of the Michigan Democratic Party, last week proposed several new ballot initiatives that will increase the cost of running your business. Since then, business groups across the state have spoken out against the anti-business ideas. However, we have heard very little reaction from elected officials.
We are urging you to contact your elected officials and ask them what they think about Mark Brewer’s plans to further harm our struggling economy.
Here are the most outrageous of the proposals:
- Mandating all employers to provide health care for their employees and dependents or pay a penalty.
- Raise the minimum wage from $7.40 to $10/hour and cover all workers with no exceptions.
- Increasing unemployment benefits by $100/week, making all workers eligible and adding six months to the time someone can receive benefits.
Get more details by listening to these two audio podcasts we did on the proposals.
Do these proposals make you hopping mad? Here’s what you can do:
- Take positive action by contacting your elected official today
- Forward this article to a friend or small business colleague by using the Email and Social Networking links (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) listed below.