SBAM Foundation announces new executive director, board of directors
January 31, 2024
LANSING – The SBAM Foundation today announced the addition of a new executive director and board of directors. The Foundation’s mission is to support the mission of the Small Business Association of Michigan – the success of Michigan small business.
David C. Rhoa will serve as the Foundation’s Executive Director. Rhoa is a serial entrepreneur who has owned multiple businesses serving customers around the world. David has extensive experience in small business management and the components that comprise a growing enterprise. He has considerable experience in advocating for small business, having written and spoken about small business tax policy, and small business labor policy at both the state and federal level.
Rhoa has testified repeatedly before committees of the Michigan House and Senate regarding tax policy, Michigan’s minimum wage, health care reform, the expansion of Medicaid in Michigan, and the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on small business. He also served as past chair of the SBAM board.
David will lead the SBAM Foundation with the support of its Board of Directors, including:
- Brian Calley, President & CEO of SBAM
- Ann Parker, Chief Operating Officer of SBAM
- Rob Fowler, CEO of Public Policy Associates and former president/CEO of SBAM
- Milan Gandhi, owner of Med-Share, Inc.
- Bonnie Alfonso, President & CEO of Alfie Logo Gear for Work & Play
- Tom Mathison, co-founder Mathison | Mathison Architects
- Cynthia Kay, founder of Cynthia Kay & Co. media production
“The SBAM Foundation is committed to advancing SBAM’s mission to help small businesses succeed and thrive,” said SBAM President & CEO Brian Calley. “Under David Rhoa’s leadership, I’m confident that the Foundation’s impact will continue to grow and benefit small businesses.”