Take Full Advantage of BCBSM Resources Available to You and Your Enrolled Employees
April 30, 2023
By Scott Lyon, originally published in SBAM’s Focus Magazine
Time is money. Over the years, how many times have you either said or heard that? It’s true that your time is your most valuable commodity and the product development team at Blue Cross® Blue Shield® of Michigan (BCBSM) and Blue Care Network (BCN) understands this as well. That’s why they have developed several new programs that are available to customers at no charge.
Right now, I’d like to take a few minutes of that valuable time and outline a couple of these new products for you. When you are enrolled in BCBSM/BCN with SBAM as a sponsor, you can take full advantage of these resources along with consolidated billing, enrollment resources and customer support from our team right here at SBAM.
When you use Blue Cross Online Visits, you’ll have access to online medical and behavioral health services anywhere in the United States. You can rest easy knowing you and your covered family members can see and talk to:
- A doctor for minor illnesses such as cold, flu or sore throat when their primary care doctor is not
- A behavioral health clinician or psychiatrist to help work through different challenges such as anxiety, depression or grief.
Here is what you need to know to use online visits:
- Mobile: Download the BCBSM Online Visits
- Web: Visit bcbsmonlinevisits.com
- Phone: Call 844.606.1608
If you are new to online visits, sign up. Be sure to add your BCBSM or BCN health plan information.
Online Member Account
Your BCBSM member account keeps your health care infor- mation securely in one place allowing you to keep an electronic copy of your medical card handy and check your coverage, out of pocket balances and claims right from your computer, smart phone or tablet.
To get started:
- Go to bcbsm.com/register
- Select Register
- Enter your first name, last name, enrollee ID and date of birth
- Check that your information is entered correctly and select Continue
- Follow the instructions to verify your eligibility and identity.
You can also use the BCBSM app:
- Download the app on the App Store® or Google Play™ (search for BCBSM).
- Tap the BCBSM button/icon.
- Tap Register
- Use the app to snap a photo of your ID card. Your enrollee ID number will be entered for you.
- Enter your birth date and tap Continue. Verify your eligibility and identity.
In the next issue of Focus, we will explore a few more BCBSM programs, including Blue Cross Health & Well-Being online resources and Livongo, which brings support for many types of physical and emotional challenges.
What would an article like this be without a few disclaimers to make the attorneys happy?
Remember that online medical care does not replace primary care doctor relationships. The Online Visit and app use the American Well® technology platform and provider network. American Well® is an independent company that provides online visits for BCBSM and BCN members.
Blue Cross® Blue Shield® of Michigan and Blue Care Network are nonprofit corporations and independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.